Sunday, September 9, 2007



It's Sunday and the little one is fast asleep. It's a cold and rainy day in Vermont (68 at 1:58) I thought this was great weather for correspondence. Mike just started Neurosurgery this last week. We have been pleasantly surprised that he has gotten home before 6:30 everyday (except when on call.) He is enjoying the team and feels like he's not making any big blunders. However he does have call today and he also took call Friday. For those that don't know, "call" is when they stay over night and are left in charge of all the patients staying over or being submitted. Generally he is at work by 5:30 AM and stays the night, returning home sometime before noon the next day! It's hard to sleep alone, and whenever he is gone I stay up LATE! I don't know how Denise does it! So that is Mike's update. Gretchen and I have started a "play group." We will be inviting kids over every other Thursday. It was really loud and fun. Most of the time Gretchen just sat on my lap looking concerned that everyone was playing with her things. She did eventually play with the other kids, and I think it was good for her. Gretchen has a new fear, little babies. It seems like the crawling reminds her of dogs and she cries and runs to mommy when she sees a baby. I don't know what changed in her thought process, but I think it's pretty funny! Hope you have all enjoyed the weekend!

No comments: