Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Juliette Christine Lindsey











Well we did it! Juliette Christine Lindsey arrived at 5:43 AM on Saturday the 22nd (her due date). Mike and I checked into the hospital at about 10 o'clock Friday night after I had been having contractions 5 min apart for an hour and a half. We are very thankful to our friends Mark and Lisa for helping. Lisa stayed at the house with Gretchen while Mark picked up my Mom from the airport.

I have to say laboring through the night was pretty tiresome! I elected to have an epidural since I was feeling worn out from a cold. The epidural block ended up being very light, so I ended up being able to feel all the "pressure" of child birth but no "pain." It was a beautiful labor and Juliette arrived alert, red, and very cheesy. She was 7lbs 13 oz and 20 1/2 inches long.

Gretchen and Grandma came in the next day to visit. Typically Gretchen is not shy with babies, but she was pretty tentative with Juliette. One of the Nurse's asked her what she thought about her new baby sister and she replied, "I don't know." Pretty funny stuff. She perked up the next day though and would only talk about going to see "baby Duwiette" until she got to the hospital where she didn't hesitate to shower her with kisses and loves.

22 comments:

Emily said...

Awww, I'm so happy you guys have another one. It's a lot more fun when you have siblings to play with. I love all the pictures. I'm so sad I don't get to snuggle with "Duwiette". She could satisfy my baby hunger and Eliot wouldn't have to worry about a thing. ;)

EM said...

Yeah! Congrats on the new Lindsey Baby! She is beautiful. We'll have to come see her sometime soon. Happy Thanksgiving!

Martha said...

Yahoo!!!!! I love her name it's beautiful. I'm so happy to read that she's healthy and on time. Enjoy Thanksgiving and her arrival at the start of this merry season! Love you!

Martha said...

This Juliette presents a problem for your blog title...are you ga-ga for juliette?

katrina berg said...

Welcome beautiful lil' Juliette! So happy to hear about your sweet arrival. Congrats Mike, Kristin, an big sis Gretchen!

Katie said...

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYY I am SO excited for you Juliette is just beautiful and BIG. You were definitely all belly, I bet you feel like a whole new woman!! j/k. Give little miss Gretchen a hug and kiss from Maggie and from us and give sweet baby Juliette a hug and kiss from us. Good job guys she is just beautiful.

Lovell Family said...

congrats! She's beautiful!

Unknown said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations! I'm glad that everything went so well!

evelania said...

That is so wonderful and what a great name. I'm glad everything went smoothly and you are doing well. Congratulations!

Camila said...

She is sooo cute! We are very happy everything went well, and can't wait to meet this little one. We love her already!

Heather and Ben said...

I'm so happy to hear she is here and well. I love the name Juliette...it is just beautiful. Congrats guys. We sure do miss you!

Henricksen Family said...

Congratulations you guys she is beautiful!

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

Such a cutie, Wish we could be there and shower her with kisses too. I love all her hair, and her cute cheeks. Adorable!

KC and DL said...

Congratulations! I love the name and she is so beautiful!!!

Sarah and Scott said...

Congratulations!!!

Camilla Millar said...

She is beautiful-- wonderful hair and a very angelic face.

I am so glad that labor went well (albeit tireing) and your family is one more person larger!

Sunshine said...

Oh Congratulations!!! I just saw your joyous news. I hope things are going well for the four of you.

Katie said...

K, I know you're way busy with a new born and an almost 3 year old BUT please post more pics of your kiddos. Maggie was talking about Gretchen the other day and I am dying to see more pics of Juliette. Hope all is well. Youll have to call me and let me know how everything is going.

mccollaum fam said...

that is so nice congrats!!! we'll have to call you guys again when mike is home so we can see the hole happy fam.
Peter
ps that's so cool :-D

Anonymous said...

Please email me!

vzinke@gmail.com

I don't have your email address for some reason and I need to send you some photos of Gretchen from April '08!

Amy Ruth Wilson said...

Yo, you're a baby behind.

Emily said...

Haha, I thought I was going to be really funny and post something about Jude but I see Amy has beat me to it. I will pretend she didn't do it.

Poor Jude doesn't even get to be part of the family blog.