Friday, October 31, 2008

Shiver Me Timbers

Halloween was a little crazy this year. Gretchen and I met Mike at his work party at 6:30. It was nice to see his workspace and coworkers. Gretchen was very interested in Mike's microscope but I was able to distract her with cheese and cookies. Everyone thought she was adorable. Before we headed from the hospital Mike headed to the men's room to put his makeup on. I have to say he spent a lot of time in front of that mirror. This is how it turned out:

Mike had to go remove his makeup before Gretchen would go anywhere with him. I ended dropping Mike and Gretchen off on Belvedere St. She was so excited to go trick or treating with Daddy (formerly known as Prince Zuko;). This street is blocked off and all the residents go way out with decorations. I finally found a parking spot by the time Mike and Gretchen had finished, but at least I was able to snap some pics.




Finally at 8:30 we headed to Mark and Lisa's for a little party. It was probably a little to late for Gretchen, but she was really looking forward to it. We played some fun games and enjoyed time with a lot of friends.



12 comments:

Emily said...

Poor Gretchen, tell Mike to stop looking so scary, lmbo! Gretchen is an adorable pirate!

Katie said...

Fun Fun Fun!

We went to a different neighborhood to do our trick or treating. I think it was off of West Portal. Same thing though, they block off the street.....

Amy said...

Hey Kristin! It's Amy and Clay. I recently discovered your blog through Mickelle's blog. I was sooo excited to find it! I can't believe how much Gretchen has grown. She is so beautiful! Glad you are enjoying San Fransisco. We're in California too. If you'd like to see our blog its:
clayandamy.blogspot.com

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

Love the costumes, Gretchen especially looks sooo cute. Miss Her and you guys of course. Hey we now have a camera so we can video talk online or whatever its called. Yea

Sunshine said...

Hey! I was hoping you were blogging again after I got your comment. My sis lives in San Fran area. Maybe we'll see you guys sometime, though you were a bit closer in Vermont:)
Good luck with the baby n'stuff!!!!
Halloween looks like lots of fun.

Lisa and Mark said...

she had a lot of tears that night. then, and later when sarah fell on her. poor gretchen. :(

Ali said...

Cute! Gretchen looks more and more grown each time I see pictures. Now that is a good belly shot! You all look great.

Unknown said...

She is such a doll! We miss Gretchen (and you - of course)! I can't believe how soon you are due! I'm so excited for you (you had better post some pics of that new baby girl - I'm sure she's going to be gorgeous)!

Lovell Family said...

You guys look great. How is life in San Fran? I'd love to hear more about it!

Anonymous said...

2 days to go!?!? I am so excited!!!!

Deb's Big Hunk said...

congratulations! 4 days! For your sake, I hope you go early. Hey, send me an email. huffari@yahoo.com I don't know if you've heard about the Nye's.

Jessica Hatheway Scriver said...

Hi Kristin,
You guys are so cute. I think of you so often! Usually, it's "I wonder if she's had that baby yet?" I'm glad I checked in before anything happened! Natalie still talks about you and Gretchen a lot. We miss you!
xoxo,
Jess