Sunday, March 16, 2008

I miss Mike most on Sundays!

Well I am beat. It was a marathon Sunday. Last Night I had it all figured out. My lesson for primary sharing time was complete. I was so excited about the Easter themed lesson. I was working like a pro in my kitchen cooking some Louisiana style red beans and rice. The food was for potluck Sunday. I even had outfit's picked out for Gretchen and me. My goal was to make it on time to Sacrament without leaving anything behind.
So I made it out the door with 20 minutes to make it to our seats. Just as I turn into the church, yes you guessed, red beans and rice all over my car. Well that just set the tone for the rest of my day. The kids appreciated my props but as soon as they were passed out it all fizzled. I will be filling in for the ward chorister for Easter Sunday. I had 2 practice runs with the choir, and found that I was in shut down mode! The song we are singing switches back and forth between 3/4 and 4/4. Let me say, everyone in that choir would be shocked to know I actually aced my conducting class in college.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love it when Mike is home on Sunday. It's nice to have someone to pick you up after your falls. I also hope that all my bad luck was blown on today and we will finish Black Monday with no incident. (Black Monday is the day we find out if we matched or not.)

3 comments:

Camila said...

I know how you feel... I hate going to church without Mike. Fortunately today I had some luck (maybe I got some of your share, that's why you were missing some). Mike had a work emergency and I had to go to church by myself. Isabel and I were a little late, but we made it before sacrament. She was also very good the whole block (which is definitely not the rule). She was dead tired, but did not nap at all... she was quiet though, and I was able to sub for primary (they asked me 2 minutes before primary started). Anyways, no complaints, it sounds like I had a much more luck this time. The only hard thing was carrying the car seat - she is soooo heavy! :)

The Kroebers said...

I feel your pain. Sundays are my usually the hardest days of the week for me. Luckily there are people that help me. Gretchen is adorable. Heather

Heather and Ben said...

I can't believe the choir director would ask you to fill in with everything else you have going on.
Totally inconsiderate!