Sunday, June 8, 2008

Vermont Wildflower Farm




It's been a very long time since my last post! As you can imagine and many of you know, I have been very busy since the last post. Mom, Dad and Lindsey left my house yesterday after a week long visit. It was great to visit with them. I don't have any pictures or video because I loaned my camera and video to Mom. Lindsey has promised to blog photos and the details of their time in Vermont. I am slowly tying ends for our move. So far I have two rooms packed and a moving company coming on the 20th. I have been searching diligently on Craigslist for a place. We are really down to the wire and I am getting really nervous! We are trying to stay under $2,000 for rent and I am having a hard time finding a 2 bedroom with laundry for that price. Never did I think I would be saying that. Anywhere else we would have been living in luxury for $2,000. Somehow it will come together but until then I am on pins and needles. Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts and if you have any solutions please let me know. Posted are some pictures of Gretchen and I on a playdate/preschool trip.

13 comments:

evelania said...

Yes, it has been a long time since your last post! I just emailed you some information about living in SF so be sure to check your email. I'm surprised you haven't asked for my help at all...sounds like you've been busy though. SF is VERY expensive and you usually have to get "lucky" to find a great place. What areas of town are you looking at living? I sent you my recommendation and hope you look into that. I've emailed a couple of people and will get back to you as I hear from them. Good luck--you'll love SF!

Ali said...

I like your hair cut, very cute! Love the pictures and hope we are able to see you sometime soon.

Emily said...

Those are beautiful pictures! That is crazy high rent! We will pray for you. You look great. :)

Winnow D. Asael said...

Love the beautiful flowers and colors and I like your haircut, too. Gretchen is looking like a girl, not a little kiddo anymore. If I can come up with any other ideas for finding a place for you, I will sure holler. I'll pray for you, too.

Amy Wilson said...

Finally, she posts! First of all, lovely haircut, Kristin. Beautiful pictures. Cute kid.

Man, that is an enormous number. I will pray for you. Have you considered bigger apartments, to have a room to rent? I don't know a thing about SF, but you should talk to Samir and ask if his wife or daughter have any suggestions.

Lovell Family said...

You're alive! Love the do! I'll be checking back later to see what else you're up to!

mccollaum fam said...

Great pics Kristin! Good luck with the house hunt! It's stressful, but I'm sure it will turn out just fine!

Unknown said...

The pics of the wildflower farm are gorgeous! Your turned out so much better than mine did!

Good luck with the house hunt. I am really going to miss you guys!!!

Camilla Millar said...

Oh, Gretchen is so cute!!

Good luck with the move and figuring out rent--yikes. I don't know how you'll do it on a resident's salary. My only tips would be to see if Mike can have an email sent through the hospital system to residents to try and find a spot from people moving or such.

Amy Wilson said...

that's a good idea, camilla. any luck, kristin?

The McDonalds said...

Kristin!! So glad to see you again! (kind of) First off, love the hair cut. Second, how did Gretchen get that big! Oh my gosh! I am also so happy for you guys that Mike matched in SF! It's just a short 180 miles away from my home town! I think you'll love SF! Good luck on the housing. I have a friend there, let me know if you guys need anything. We miss you guys!!

SuperSpencer said...

Dude! I'm glad to have pictures and I'm proud to say that for once, I'm actually doing better at posting than you! Ha! How are you feeling? How's moving? Hope all is well! We love you!

Brian Thaut said...

Not Amy but Brian -- Gretchen should win an award. I know beauty contest aren't the best for children her age. Maybe an angel contest? Or maybe you should just risk the beauty contest and hope that it builds character? You know she would win.